On the road in search of color-changing foliage this fall? Take in awe-inspiring autumn vistas at these leaf-peeping locales, recently ranked by Booking.com.
1. Great Smoky Mountains (Tennessee) Come for: 100-plus species of native trees Stay for: Blue Mountain Mist Country Inn & Spa, Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
2. Aspen (Colorado) Come for: Aspen trees Stay for: Limelight Hotel, Aspen, Colo.
3. Lake Superior (Minnesota) Come for: North Woods, Split Rock Lighthouse State Park Stay for: Grand Superior Lodge, Two Harbors, Minn.
4. Geneva Lake (Wisconsin) Come for: 19th century shoreline properties Stay for: Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, Lake Geneva, Wis.
5. The Berkshires (Massachusetts) Come for: Antique shops, art galleries Stay for: Orchards Hotel, Williamstown, Mass.
6. June Lake (California) Come for: Outdoor recreation, Sierra Nevada Stay for: Double Eagle Resort & Spa, June Lake, Calif.
7. The Green Mountains (Vermont) Come for: Long Trail Stay for: Edson Hill, Stowe, Vt.
8. The Poconos (Pennsylvania) Come for: Outdoor recreation, seasonal events Stay for: Skytop Lodge, Skytop, Pa.
9. The Ozarks (Missouri) Come for: Orange sassafras, purple sweetgum and red maple trees Stay for: The Lodge at Old Kinderhook, Camdentown, Mo.
10. Hudson River Valley (New York) Come for: Adirondack Mountains Stay for: Blue Pearl Woodstock, Woodstock, N.Y.