Looking to liven up the decor in your home? Beat the winter doldrums? Tie in signs of the season? How about all three?
Winter is a season that naturally contains an abundance of inspiring color and decor, from the bold colors in a lit fireplace to the frosty weather outside. Color and decor trends this season aim to bring all of the best elements of winter into your home.
Those trends include warm colors, such as Venetian red and tango pink, paired with cool tones, like ghost white and slate gray. Decor in line with the season, says Fischer, includes the following:
• Wood, metal and woven textures combined with complementary cool tones
• Light, airy drapes hung just below the ceiling line
• Strategically placed pillows in a variety of patterns but with similar color palettes
• Vintage mirrors in unexpected places, like behind the sofa
• Continued color palettes in adjoining spaces, such as in an entryway and hallway